- April 18 is still the deadline to file a tax extension with the IRS. Getting an extension doesn’t change the payment deadline. It just gives you until Oct. 16 to complete the relevant paperwork.
You still have to submit any amount you owe by April 18 to avoid late penalties.
- After a tornado and severe storms hit Georgia on Jan. 12, 2023, the IRS extended the filing deadline in Butts, Crisp, Henry, Jasper, Meriwether, Newton, Pike, Spalding, and Troup counties to May 15, 2023. Since then, the agency has postponed the deadline again to Oct.16, 2023.
- Certain designated disaster areas of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Mississippi, New York, and Tennessee have received federal tax-filing extensions too. If you aren’t sure you qualify, ask your tax preparer or check with the IRS’ Tax Relief in Disaster Situations page.
Current Office Hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays 8 AM – 4 PM (closed Noon to 1 PM for Lunch)
Closed Wednesday, Friday & Weekends
SAV-TAX Policy Until Further Notice:
To protect our clients, the community, and our employees, SAV-TAX has initiated the following policy until further notice.
You have the following options:
- On-site tax preparation. Walk-ins are welcomed. You can also schedule an appointment. We can prepare your income tax returns while you wait. Our health and safety protocols are listed below.*
- Curb-side service. Call us ahead of time at 478-471-6040 and we will meet you at the curb in front of our office.
- Drop off your documents anytime using our 24/7 front door drop-off slot.
- Mail your documents to Sav-Tax, 6255 Zebulon Rd, Suite 350, Macon, GA 31210-8073
- Fax your documents to (478) 784-7375
- Email your documents to: email@example.com
If you choose to drop off your tax information, we will prepare your returns and call you when they are ready for you to pick up. If you prefer, we can forward you the return documents with instructions on how to complete the process from the comfort of your home.
* Health and Safety Protocols
- Face coverings are optional, especially in view of the transmissibility of the ever-evolving coronavirus variants.
- Seating in our lobby is arranged to encourage social distancing.
- Employees practice good hygiene, including washing their hands regularly with soap and water.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available to all as a preventive measure.